Its all about light when it comes to photos. Here are a few tips when it comes to natural lighting indoors.
- Find natural light with two windows. Two windows on a corner of the house is ideal.
- Use reflectors if you can only find one window. If you cannot find that, then, with one window, use a “reflector”, a white card such as a white piece of cardboard or typing paper.
- Bounce the light from the window off the bounce card. Position the subject between window and bounce card. Using window as background, bounce into subject’s face. (see image A2)
- Use flash if there’s no “bounce light”. If bounce light is not available, i.e. sometimes you cannot angle “reflector” in the right angle to catch the natural light, then use a fill flash.
- If you want a silhouette don’t use a reflector. Sometimes you intentionally want a silhouette look. Use light from window to do this. Overcast days are great for this look.